Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easter Chickie card




I wanted to come up with an Easter card using the 
I got my inspiration from an old retired stamp set A Good Egg shown in the picture above.  
The little chick was my inspiration.


I also wanted to add a braided edge to make it looks 
kinda Easter Basket-ish.  


I started by first sponging on blue ink to the inside of the Sahara Sand card stock.  This will add a little contrast when the braid is flipped over.  I just used a scrap of paper to make the center line but I was thinking that blue painters tape may have been easier to work with so it does not move on you as you are sponging.
After sponging, you close the card, line up the template onto the card and make the cuts.  Flip the card over and start folding the flaps downward.  The bottom one gets cut off and glued up at the top of the braid.


I used the oval framelits for the chick and a slightly larger oval for the egg.  Then I made a template for the cracked look to the egg.  One oval shape can create two eggs.  For the wings, I used the modern label punch and just created a few templates for the wing shown above.


I did get to use my new fringe scissors 133325 on the grass.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment