Monday, February 3, 2014

American Girl Birthday Party



   I wanted to share with you a fun filled birthday party I did on Saturday.  I did an American Girl crafting party theme for an 8 year girl for way less than you would pay at the Natick American Girl Doll store. Plus you are not at the store where your daughter wants you to buy everything under the sun!  It is a win-win.

   We started off the party by stamping the girls names on their plain white goodie bags shown on lower left corner of photo.  They also stamped some cupcake images that they could color in with markers.  This kept them busy while we waited for all the guests to arrive. For each craft we made, we did items for the girl and the American Girl doll.  We made elastic band buttons shown on the ponytail above the goodie bags.  Then we created beautiful felt flowers cut out using the the Big Shot and the Fun Flowers Bigz die.  The felt flowers were attached to the purple headband sewn by me with sewing elastic using gorgeous Stampin'Up! brads.  The last project we did was to cover notebooks with American Girl papers and of course we had to add a felt flower to that as well.  I also covered the pens in American Girl papers using sticky strip.
  
  I wish I could take credit for the beautifully decorated mini cupcakes made with the Pampered Chef mini muffin pan shown in the photo.  The Mother made them and they came out amazing.  I wish I was that talented at baking but I guess crafting is my thing.

  If you enjoyed my post, feel free to pin it on Pinterest or like it on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment